Terms & Conditions
We know this is the boring bit but we would appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to read through the following terms and conditions.
Bed and Breakfast
Unfortunately we are unable to accept pets or children under 16yrs of age in our bed and breakfast. Our rooms sleep up to a maximum of 2 adults. We do not have the facility to put extra beds in our rooms. Prices are per room for up to 2 adults.
Cancellations. We cannot accept a verbal cancellation, it must be in writing. If cancelled up to 4 days prior to date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of a no show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Highgarry Cottage: Sleeps/caters for up to a maximum of 4 people regardless of age. Sorry no pets allowed in the Cottage.
Highgarry Lodges: Sleeps/caters for up to a maximum of 6 people regardless of age. Well behaved pets are welcome. But we may not be able to accommodate guests who arrive with an un-declared pet. So it is essential that all pets are declared at the booking stage. Maximum 2 pets in a Lodge charged @ £25.00 per pet p/wk. Pets are not to be left unattended at any time inside the hired property and supervised and on a leash when outside.
Online bookings: Initially no payment will be required when you make an online booking. Once we receive your booking we will contact you to make the necessary payment which is to be paid within 2 days after us contacting you. If the payment has not been made, we will assume you no longer wish to proceed with the booking, at which time it will be reinstated to our availability calendar.
Payment. The deposit payment is 30% and the remaining 70% balance to be paid at least 6 weeks before the commencement of the holiday. A 3% added charge is applied to all credit card transactions.
We operate a no smoking policy inside all buildings, although we have no objection if you wish to smoke outside. No fireworks or open fires & noise kept to an acceptable level. Self catering electricity is charged at cost.
Self catering units are available from 4.0pm on the first day of your holiday, and should be vacated before 9.30am on the final day of the holiday to allow time for them to be cleaned before our next guests arrive. If you’re estimated time of arrival will be after 7.0pm. Please contact us on 44 (0)1809-501226 or Mobile 07745056409. This will ensure that we are there to meet you on arrival, thus avoiding any unnecessary delay in gaining access to a Lodge or the Cottage. The latest check in time is 9.0pm.
If we feel that the self catering unit is not being treated with care and respect we hold the right to ask the party to leave the premises with the forfeit of all monies. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and condition of our self catering units. If you have any concerns please see us straight away. We ask that you leave the self catering unit in the same condition that you found it.
We reserve the right to charge for extra cleaning, damage or breakages to our equipment.
There may be instances where a bond will be requested. The bond will be returned less any charges for damage or breakages to our equipment or any extra cleaning. We reserve the right to gain entry to the self catering unit at any time. We will not be held responsible for any loss/damage to your personal property. No group bookings will be accepted when made either online or by individuals without our prior permission, so it is essential that you speak to us before making a booking of this kind. We hold the right to refuse a booking for any reason. A contract between you and us comes into effect when we accept a booking from you, and part or full payment for the booking has been received by us.
Cancellations (self catering only) The hirer agrees that, in the event of a cancellation, we will make every effort to re-let it for you, but if a replacement booking can not be found the hirer will be responsible for the cost of the period of the booking. We recommend that you consider holiday insurance. It is relatively inexpensive set against the costs involved if you have to cancel.
Animals We will not be held responsible for any damage/loss or injury to individuals or their property by our horses or donkeys that graze in the enclosed surrounding fields. They are generally friendly and good natured, however animals can sometimes be unpredictable.
Please don’t be put off by our terms and conditions, they’re all pretty standard and shouldn’t bother most people, for those who are concerned speak to us.